Job Responsibilities : Victim and Witness Support Officer
Salary : £26,244 – £28,725 a year
Company : Northumbria Police
Location : Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 GB
You will work closely with Northumbria Victim and Witness Service (NVWS) Police Safeguarding Department and local specialist services to contact individual domestic abuse complainants to provide bespoke support and advice.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for providing expert advice to victims of Domestic Abuse who have contacted police for help. You will use the information provided by officers who have/ are going to attend a call for assistance. You will then provide a follow up phone call to the victim and provide specialist advice and support. You will continually need to assess any threat to the victim and address disclosures made before making appropriate referrals to support agencies and support police colleagues in addressing victim safety and needs.
What do I need?
- Considerable experience within Domestic Abuse support services
- Expert knowledge of local support services and legislation available to protect victims
- Excellent communication skills tailored to victims of traumatic situation.
- The ability to negotiate and influence
- The confidence to assess and challenge information
- The ability to remain focused and calm when under pressure
- The drive to deliver outstanding service to vulnerable victims
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26244.00-£28725.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- Wellness programmes
- 8 hour shift